Sunday, May 12, 2013

Atostogų rašinėlio konkursas


Vaiva Antanavičienė, Kalbis L3, Panevėžys 

My best holidays

I thought for a long time which holidays for me were the most memorable. It is hard to choose one particular holiday. I believe that the best holidays are those that you have at the moment.
I remember my childhood holidays in Lithuanian village. It was wonderful to put the strawberries on the bent and make a present to my uncle Petras when he celebrated the name-day. It was fun to sit in the carriage and go to my aunt and cousins, trample the hay, feed the calf, wander around the forest and swim in the lake which was located in the middle of the forest…
What wonderful holidays are when all children and grandchildren visit grandparents’ home together… We all sit down next to the fire in the evening, talk, sing the songs… What a wonderful and mysterious Feast of St John traditions! We celebrate it like this for about 20 years now and we always come back to be together. Sometimes not all of us can meet. But I know that in our minds we are together. Our children summers are our best holidays.
I remember the first travel to Cyprus with my son. He remembers this time too, we talked about it. Cyprus attracts with its beaches, myths, you fell in love with the mountains, rocky coast and nearly year-around flowering gardens…
It's fun to travel, to see how wonderful Lithuania is, its nature, green forests, wild lakes, the Curonian Spit. I did not believe that in the Curonian Spit near Juodkrantė there are places available for wildlife where you may forget that there is a civilization. It is incomparable. Long walks on foot through the dunes - and you discover peace, dreams and indescribable feeling of bliss...

1 comment:

  1. It's very interesting essay:) I like holidays in Lithuanian village too.

    ReplyDelete