Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Atostogų rašinėlio konkursas

Regina Vertelienė, Kalbis L2, Šiauliai                                                             

My best holidays

I like travelling. I have visited many countries inside Europe and in other continents. In my opinion, the best thing that travelling experience teaches is the understanding that a single person is only a small part in the world. This understanding taught me to be more tolerant.

When I was a student I used to travel a lot. Once, my roommate and I went on a tour by foot along Ūlos, Merkys and Nemunas rivers shores. We were late, so we had to catch up with the group that started its trip the day before. We started our trip in the old village Marcinkonys. As it was dark and raining, we lost our way and decided to return to Vilnius. Luckily, one woman suggested staying at her house. She gave us warm tea and dry clothes.  We were very grateful.

Next morning we crossed the little river with hanging bridge and found the group. When we were going along romantic Ūla, we saw steep river banks, wide grasslands. In the middle Ūla turns into a valley and flows through old villages hidden in Gudu wood. I think Ūla is the most beautiful river in Lithuania.

We also climbed up to Merkine’s mound near Merkines River. All the nights we spent in tents, made campfires, sang many Lithuanian songs about the past of our country, which were suppressed and forbidden in soviet time.

To walk 140 kilometers by the river bands in four days wasn’t an easy task for girls. Therefore, we were proud of ourselves when we reached our aim. This trip made me realize that our country’s nature is beautiful. Now, once I have a free weekend I try to visit some little towns or cities and to find some small lovely details in the nature.


https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/images/cleardot.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment