Thursday, May 2, 2013

Atostogų rašinėlio konkursas


Dalia Aidukaitė, Kalbis L4, Vilnius

My best holidays

“I am sitting in the tent at the height of 4 km seeing just rocks and snow around and preparing for the overnight. Today is Saturday. But it doesn’t mean anything because I am in Caucasus Mountains. Today we woke up at 5 a.m. and we were planning to go to the summit, but it was raining very heavily and we decided to sleep till 8 a.m. It was rainy all day so we stayed in our camp.” It is a small fragment from my diary. I know it is hard to believe that someone chooses cold, severe weather conditions and obscurity during summer holidays.

Being in the mountains is very easy. We keep running away from civilization, communication and information overload. Here we forget all the convenience, but we rediscover nature.

Some people are wondering why others are going to the mountains. Is it really funny to carry a rucksack weighting around 25 kg, sleep in a tent on the rocks or snow, be often hungry or feel obscurity? But my answer is really easy. I agree with the opinion of other travelers “we go to the mountains because they are”. Everyone chooses different way of holidays. For me the best holidays are to go further from the comfort zone, to purify thoughts and to recover spiritually.



No comments:

Post a Comment